If you are local to Surbiton, SW London UK, I would love to support you in person with your journey. I am a qualified acupuncturist with the British Acupuncture Council and Acupuncture Fertility Network in the UK.
In this day and age, making babies can be hard.
When I was 16, I went to the doctors several times because my periods had started but were extremely irregular. I knew in my gut that something wasn’t right but the doctor dismissed me and told me it would sort itself out.
Eventually after I saw a second doctor, I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and told I wouldn’t be able to have children.
At 16, I was heartbroken.
I didn’t realise it at the time, but being told I couldn’t have children affected my emotions and my health in ways I couldn’t image. My grades suffered and I struggled a lot with my weight and self-confidence.
On my journey into Chinese medicine I was able to work on myself a lot. I realised I didn’t want to be on the pill anymore and spent a lot of time working on regulating my cycle and my hormones.
I changed my attitude to the food that I ate.
I exercised more regularly doing what I enjoyed, instead of forcing myself to the gym three times a week for a torture session. I went to weekly acupuncture sessions and really focused on my wellbeing. It wasn’t always an easy journey but it changed my life for the better.
When my and husband and I were ready to start trying for a baby, I was scared.
I didn’t know what was going to happen and what problems we would have to overcome. The worst thing was, I didn’t really know who to talk to about it, my husband told me not to worry, I didn’t want to talk to my mum as I knew she would get overexcited and be constantly asking if I was pregnant yet and none of my friends had gone through anything similar. Fertility is not talked about, it is such a taboo subject and I think that is wrong.
As a woman, I wanted support but I didn’t know where to turn.
I was so relieved when I get pregnant quickly after we started trying. But even then my worries weren’t over. I was convinced it was an ectopic pregnancy then I was convinced I was going to miscarry. I held onto so much fear about my pregnancy that it took me a long time to relax and start to enjoy it. Everybody’s journey to making their baby is different. Some women get pregnant quickly, some take years to finally conceive. Some women have the heartache of several miscarriages and some women never get pregnant. Some women turn to IVF for help and some women adopt their babies.
Whatever road you decide, trust that your baby will find his way to you.
- Twelve weeks of acupuncture sessions tailored to regulating your cycle to prepare your body for pregnancy.
- Advice regarding supplements, nutrition, exercise and lifestyle to promote conception.
Coaching & Acupuncture
- In addition to twelve sessions of acupuncture, this course also provides coaching each week, which will explore your fertility journey and guide you to uncover any emotional blocks and make positive changes to your health and lifestyle.
- This package will support you through your IVF treatment. You’ll receive twelve sessions specifically timed to your cycle.
- It is recommended you do the preparation course if possible before IVF commences.
Being pregnant can feel like the most incredible experience, your body is making a whole new human being, all by itself.
As nature goes, it’s a pretty awe-inspiring feat!
You are solely responsible for protecting this little person whilst they get ready to come into the world. It’s understandable that you want to do everything you can to make it the best environment, avoiding medication if you can.
What people don’t tell you though, is that sometimes pregnancy can suck big time!
That beautiful little person inside you can zap all your energy and make your feel like a walking zombie. You can feel sick to your stomach all day long and you can have aches and pains in places you didn’t even know existed.
I was lucky to get through my first pregnancy pretty unscathed, a couple of weeks of morning sickness and a few pelvic pains towards the end was all I got.
I managed my symptoms with acupuncture before they got too serious.
My friend was not so lucky. She threw up every morning on her way to work for 6 months and any strong smell was enough to send her running for the toilet!
You don’t have to put up with these symptoms as normal, unavoidable consequences of pregnancy.
Acupuncture is very safe throughout all trimesters of pregnancy and will help to rebalance the body to a natural state of health.
- One session a month throughout your pregnancy from week 6 – 36
- Four weekly sessions from week 36 for Labour preparation
- One post natal home visit 3 days post birth
- This package is to support a specific pregnancy symptom experienced.
- Six sessions of acupuncture
- For morning sickness, 2-3 sessions a week may be the most efficient way to resolve the issue
- From 36 weeks onwards
- Four weekly labour preparation sessions and an introduction to acupressure for labour techniques
- One home visit post natal session 3 days after birth
Acupuncture Clinic Details
Address: BoCo Yoga and Pilates Studio, 6 Electric Parade, Surbiton
Opening Times: Tuesday 7-10pm, Friday 6-10pm