What do you do when it all feels too much?
When you are tired of worrying, planning, stressing out about your finances?
I’ve put together a list of things you can do right now to help you feel calmer and ready to face another day, no matter what it throws at you.
1. Go for a walk in nature. Moving your body helps move stagnant energy. Add it being in the great outdoors and it will boost your mood, clear the cobwebs and make you feel a lot more grounded.
2. Read a good book. Immersing yourself in a great story line can distract you from worrying about other things. It also makes a change to watching Netflix. Find a cosy corner, grab a blanket and curl up with a great story.
3. Have a bath. Crack open your special bath things and really pamper yourself. Light some candles, play some relaxing music and really take some time to look after your body. You might not always like it, but it needs some love too.
4. Watch a funny film. No matter what your humour, I’m sure you have a fav film or sitcom that, no matter how many times you watch it, will have you laughing hysterically. They say laughter is the best form of medicine.
5. Take a nap. I’m pretty sure sleep cures everything. If you are feeling emotionally or physically exhausted, treat yourself to a good old nap! Sleep is for the smart, not the weak.
6. Write it down. It doesn’t matter if you haven’t journaled since high school. Getting it all down on paper is a fantastic way to process thoughts, emotions and all the stresses of the day.
7. Have a dance party. Whenever I’m feeling in a bit of a funk, I turn the volume up in the kitchen and dance it out with a bit of Taylor Swift. It never fails to bring a smile to my face even if it’s only for 5 minutes.
8. Meditate. Meditation doesn’t have to be 30 minutes of chanting. It ca be as simple as sitting for 5 minutes and focusing on your breath. I love listening to guided meditations on my iPhone. My favourite 2 are “headspace” and “hear and now”. Try and take yourself away for 5 minutes to sit and reset.
9. Get creative. When was the last time you let yourself be creative? This can take on whatever creativity appeals. If you don’t have any other tools, grab a pen and paper and sit and draw. Other ways I like to get creative: colouring, knitting, sewing, taking photos — whatever inspires you.
10. Get a massage. Not one you can probably do on the spur of the moment but oh so worth it. It not only relaxes your body and mind but it has healing benefits too. Check out fertility massage for more info and some fab practitioners in the UK.