Trying to stay positive and upbeat when things aren’t going your way can be a challenge. You know that you are “supposed” to think positive thoughts but it is so easy to fall down the rabbit hole of negative thinking. You worry about work, stress over the bills and feel guilty for forgetting your sisters boyfriends birthday……. unless you take action, these negative thoughts never end.
So how can you ensure that you stay positive?
The first thing to remember is to cut yourself some slack. You’re not perfect and I’m not perfect and that’s ok. It’s ok to forget sometimes but that’s not a reason to be mean to yourself. My current favourite way to keep my positive thoughts rolling is my new bracelet that has the word TRUST engraved on it. I use it everyday to remind me to trust myself and trust that everything will happen at the right time.
Download this cute wallpaper for your phone to use as an everyday reminder
How to remind yourself daily to stay positive
- Write positive statements on sticky notes and stick them around the house in places where you will see them all the time.
- Set a quote that you love as your lock screen on your phone.
- Change your computer password to something positive (My current one is Ilovemybody but shhh don’t tell anyone!)
- Change your screen saver or background on your computer to something uplifting.
- Use an anchor like a piece of jewellery to remind you to think positive things.
What is your favourite positive affirmation or quote?