I love a big challenge. It’s exciting when you decide to make a huge life change and I used to do it all the time. I gave up sugar for six weeks, I joined the gym at least five times and tried weight watchers, slimming world… blah blah blah. The problem is once the excitement has gone, you have to use motivation to keep you going and motivation is a limited and valuable commodity.
I read somewhere (very reliable source!) that Barack Obama has wardrobes full of similar suits, ties and shirts so he doesn’t need to waste any of his valuable decision-making energy and saves it for more important things, like running the country!
Because it always comes down to a decision. Do you go to the gym or sit on the sofa? Do you eat an apple or a chocolate bar? Do you commit to yet another diet or try something different?
Want the results of a big change without all the hard work and the guilt when it fails?
You need to get yourself some healthy habits.
Habits are amazing.
They break down a goal that you want to achieve into small steps that are actually achievable every day and don’t take up too much of your motivation. I love teeny weeny habit (Read more here).
Here are my top 5 habits that you should start now.
- Hydrate — Staying hydrated is essential for good health and good fertility.
- Lots of veggies — Vegetables are your main source of nutrients in your diet. Try eating a rainbow and varying as much as you can. A veggie with every meal will set you in good stead for a healthy diet.
- Supplements — Taking a good quality multi vit (like Wild Nutrition link) is a really easy way to cover all your bases and ensure that nutrient deficiencies aren’t affecting your health.
- Move every day — You don’t have to go to the gym every day to stay active. Try to take small steps to moving more. If you exercise a lot already ensure that you aren’t putting too much stress on your body.
- Meditate — The benefits of meditation are wide. They help put your body into a relaxed mode which means you absorb nutrients better, give your body time to heal and signal that its ok to reproduce (all things that don’t happen when you are stressed. My fav apps for meditation are “Headspace” and “Hear and Now” — 10 minutes is all it takes to make a difference.
Ready to get started? I’ve got a free PDF habit tracker to make it really easy for you, xxx